Armenia, Azerbaijan accuse one another of breaking new ceasefire settlement hours after it got here into impact.
- Armenia and Azerbaijan accused one another of violating the newly agreed truce.
- Defence ministry of the Nagorno-Karabakh area stated the dying toll amongst its army has risen to 673.
- Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed the ceasefire, which got here into drive at midnight on Sunday (20:00 GMT Saturday), following mediation by the co-chairs of the Minsk Group.
Sunday, October 18
09:10 GMT – Armenia suffers heavy losses on entrance line says Azeri army
Armenia suffered heavy losses as Azerbaijan pushed ahead alongside the entrance line of the battle, Azerbaijani Protection Ministry stated.
Refuting claims of heavy losses on Azerbaijan’s facet, the ministry stated that the Azerbaijani military was exerting “operational superiority alongside your entire entrance,” stated the ministry’s assertion.
Clashes erupted between the 2 nations September 27 and Armenia has since continued its assaults on civilians and Azerbaijani forces, even violating a humanitarian cease-fire that got here into drive final week.
07:50 GMT – Azerbaijan says Armenian forces violating ceasefire
Azerbaijan accused Armenian forces of violating the ceasefire over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh area simply hours after it was on account of have taken impact at midnight.
“Armenian forces grossly violated one other settlement,” the defence ministry in Baku stated in an announcement, accusing them of firing artillery and mortars in varied instructions and of launching early morning assaults alongside the entrance line.
Talking from Ujar in Azerbaijan, Al Jazeera’s Hoda Abdel-Hamid stated: “The Azeris are pointing the finger at Armenia, saying that though Armenia has agreed to the ceasefire, it has tried to recapture lands it misplaced to Azerbaijan [during the fighting].”
07:31 GMT – Nagorno-Karabakh says dying toll amongst its army rises
The defence ministry of the Nagorno-Karabakh area stated on Sunday it had recorded one other 40 casualties amongst its army, pushing the army dying toll to 673 since combating with Azeri forces erupted on September 27.
The combating has surged to its worst stage for the reason that Nineties, when some 30,000 folks had been killed.
07:00 GMT – Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of violating new truce in Nagorno-Karabakh
Shushan Stepanyan, a spokeswoman for Armenia’s defence ministry, stated on Twitter that Azerbaijan fired artillery shells and rockets within the early hours of Sunday.
Talking from Yerevan, Al Jazeera’s Bernard Smith stated that the truce was solely a humanitarian truce designed for each side to change our bodies and prisoners of conflict.
“Armenia significantly wants this ceasefire to work due to the large home stress its management is underneath,” stated Smith explaining that stress was linked as a result of massive variety of folks and land it had misplaced to Azerbaijan.
06:40 GMT – Armenia, Azerbaijan accuse one another of violating new ceasefire deal
Armenia and Azerbaijan accused one another of violating a brand new humanitarian ceasefire in combating over Azerbaijan’s ethnic-Armenian-controlled enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh.